Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last Finished Object of 2008

Just a wee one.

The pattern is from Knitty, and I used some of the yarn left over from these socks. (Those tiny shoes you see peeking out were handmade by Eric. There are truly no bounds to his skills!)

The seaming was fiddly and difficult, as is generally the case with something so small. But the shoulders didn't come together to create the same neckline effect as in the pic of the original. When knitting the top of the body pieces, stitches are bound off and decreased until there are only two stitches left, but in the original picture it looks like there are more. Maybe there's an error in the pattern, or maybe I did something wrong. It's not perfect, but I like the final result well enough.

There's no reason why I should even require a pattern for something so little, and I think I will try my hand at designing by starting with little Blythe doll garments. Expect to see some creativity from me in 2009!

No comments: