Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
I still don't have an actual TBR list, but that doesn't mean I don't have plans, stacks of books, and wild hopes. Here's what I want to read this fall:
1. The World Without Us by Alan Weisman. I have to read this for my library's Community Read committee.
2. Kindred by Octavia Butler. Ditto.
3. The Home-Maker by Dorothy Canfield Fisher. On my TBR Pile Challenge, as are the next two.
4. A Separate Peace by John Knowles. Which is so short - why is this so hard?
5. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. Should be great Halloween-ish reading!
6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This is for my Not-So-Young Adult book group at work.
7. The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins. I've heard such good things about it!
8. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. I also keep hearing how great this book is, and since it's a teen book it should be quite manageable.
9. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. Over 700 pages, but apparently amazing.
10. American Housewife by Helen Ellis. I've been looking forward to reading this galley of short stories since I heard about it on the Books on the Nightstand podcast.
It was hard picking a top 10. This list doesn't even include two of my TBR Pile Challenge books, or the re-read of Americanah I'm hoping for before our Community Read vote, or my galley of the forthcoming Chris Bohjalian novel. Even so, it's an ambitious list for fall (which always seems brutally short) especially considering the length of A Little Life.
What are your fall reading plans?