Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Top ten books I read the first year I had my blog
Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. I feel like I haven't done one of these in a while! They were on hiatus for a bit, and I've just been very busy/tired/lazy and sometimes the topics haven't appealed to me. This week's topic is a throwback freebie. One of the ideas was Ten Books I Loved During the First Year I Started My Blog. I really like that idea!
These are all books I read in 2007 and loved, in the order that I read them.
1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
2. The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler
3. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian
4. Sunshine by Robin McKinley
5. Firmin by Sam Savage
6. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
7. The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken
8. A Secret History by Donna Tartt
9. Truth and Beauty by Ann Patchett
10. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Fun fact: when I started this blog it was primarily going to be about knitting and librarianship. I hardly posted about books at all! A couple of these were mentioned in passing in posts on other topics, but only one had a full post devoted to it.
The complete list of books I read in 2007 is here. (Thank goodness I was doing that from the very beginning!) What an amazing reading year that was! It was HARD to narrow down this list. There were so many other great books by some of my favorite authors, like Tom Perrotta and Nick Hornby. Wow. The books on the list are not just books I loved, but ones that I still consider favorites, and in most cases really want to read again.
That was a fun trip down memory lane!