These socks should not have taken me four months to knit.
But they are kind of nice, and I'm happy to see that the legs seem to be the same length. I was worried about that as I was binding off the other night.
These are an improvised pattern, cobbled together from Sensational Knitted Socks. I used the toe from one pattern, the heel from another, and cast on the number of stitches that seemed appropriate. The stitch pattern is just a 2x2 rib.
This yarn is Cascade sock yarn, which is 25% nylon, the only way to go with socks I've decided. No more 100% wool for me. I can't darn fast enough to keep up.
They're knit on size 0 needles, for a nice tight non-hole-wearing gauge. I used an extra strand of yarn on the heel so they are nice and firm. If this all doesn't keep the socks from getting holes, my next step is to investigate steel yarn.
(Sorry for the crappy iphone photo. The regular camera isn't cooperating with me right now.)
Post a Comment