The official TBR Pile Challenge that I've participated in the last couple of years isn't happening this year, but by the time I learned that I had already made my list so I'm going to do it anyway.
Because this challenge is unofficial, I don't have to abide by anyone's rules except my own. Nevertheless, these are all books I've been wanting to read for over a year. Instead of a list of 12 and two alternates, I have a list of 10 books with couple of alternates built in. I was going to put together a list of 12 books but I couldn't come up with that many that I'm sure I want to read. So ten it is. However, I'm not sure which Tana French book I want to read next, but I know it will be one of those two, and the same goes for Sarah MacLean; hence, the built-in alternates. Here's the list:
1. The People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks (finished 1/21/16)
2. The Night Watch by Sarah Waters (finished 4/30/16)
3. An Untamed State by Roxane Gay (finished 6/22/16)
4. In the Woods OR Faithful Place (finished 4/7/16) by Tana French
5. The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (finished 4/14/16)
6. The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly (finished 3/1/16)
7. Once Upon a River by Bonnie Jo Campbell (finished 6/29/16)
8. Visible City by Tova Mirvis (finished 5/13/16)
9. Hild by Nicola Griffith (finished 2/5/16)
10. A Rogue By Any Other Name (finished 2/14/16) OR No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean (finished 11/21/16)
I'll update this post with completion dates and links to my reviews as I go along.
Anyone else want to do an unofficial TBR Pile Challenge along with me?