Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the top 10 favorite authors I read for the first time in 2015.
This was more difficult than I anticipated! I actually had to narrow it down, but when choosing between authors I predictably went with those whose books are the most dark. Some of these authors are just new to me, but for others I read their debut novel.
Here they are, in no particular order, with links to my reviews:
2. Amy Lukavics - I read her debut, Daughters Unto Devils.
3. Kiera Cass - I read The Selection, The Elite, The One, and The Heir. But who's counting?
4. Wilkie Collins - I read The Woman in White.
5. W. Somerset Maugham - I read The Painted Veil.
6. Emily St. John Mandel - I read Station Eleven. Didn't everybody?
7. Erin Bow - I read The Scorpion Rules.
8. Scott Hawkins - I read The Library at Mount Char.
9. Rebecca Scherm - I read her debut, Unbecoming.
10. M. O. Walsh - I read his debut, My Sunshine Away.
Did you discover any new favorite authors this year?
You've got several authors on here who're on my to-read list! That's a good sign -- hopefully I'll like them as much as you did. I've been thinking about starting the Kiera Cass books; I keep seeing them everywhere and they're always being checked out at work. I'm not the biggest YA fan, but since you liked her and we seem to have similar tastes, maybe I'll like her too!
Yay for Tana French! I loved "In the Woods" and I can't wait to get caught up on the series. Everyone says "The Likeness" is the best book, and that's up next. Scott Hawkins and Emily St. John Mandel were on my list of favorite 2015 debuts last week.
The Kiera Cass series is sort of like The Bachelor meets Hunger Games. I love it!
I saw Scott Hawkins and Emily St. John Mandel on your list! Those books were both SO unusual and really great!
Tana French and Kiera Cass are definitely on my TBR list for 2016! My TTT
I hope you love them!
I can't say as I recall reading any of the authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.
Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html
Post a Comment